Starting Mon March 23rd the Electron Microscopy Core is operating as a service only facility until further notice.
- There will be no user access to the EM facility until further notice.
- Do not personally come to the EM center unless instructed to do so for sample drop-off.
- We will not take responsibility for lost or stolen samples in the sample drop-off area.
- We will not respond to any requests for exceptions.
- Any consultation will be via e-mail or zoom if necessary.
Any request has to be submitted via e-mail to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject of the request has to start with "[TEM sample request Date emstorageID]","[SEM sample request Date emstorageID]" or "[AFM sample request Date emstorageID]".
Do not forget the brackets and replace Date by dd-mm and emstorageID with your loginID for emstorage.pse.umass.edu
- Send individual e-mails for each request
- Each request can only include two (2) samples
- We will give priority to already prepared sample Samples which need preparation we be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Your request has to include a detailed description of the expected structure/morphology of your sample including a sketch and expected dimensions.
Do not send reminder e-mails we will get back to you as soon as we can with further questions we might have and instructions on how and when to submit your samples.